The number of coconut oil benefits to our body is indeed astounding. It has shown to have marvellous effects on the skin and hair, and it has also been cited for improving different organs of the body.
The health benefits of coconut oil has been so varied and potent, that it has earned the titles “The Miracle Oil”, “The Healthiest Oil on Earth”, and “The Drugstore in a Bottle”.
Coconut oil Benefits: What Makes Coconut Oil Special
Coconut oil has a variety of natural components that contribute to the wide range of health benefits it can give to our bodies. The coconut oil benefits include hair and skin care, stress relief, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, healthy weight loss, improvement of dental and bone strength, and relief from lifestyle diseases such as , diabetes, cancer, kidney problems, and high blood pressure and cholesterol and heart problems. Coconut oil also has antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties.
- Hair Care – Coconut oil is packed with fatty acids which are natural emollients. The composition of coconut oil allows it to penetrate into the hair shaft, providing the nutrition that hair needs. With the right amount of application, hair will be radiant, thick, and bouncy. Coconut oil also contributes to hair growth, and has proven to be effective in any age.
- Skin Care – The antioxidants present in coconut oil contributes to the prevention of skin aging and wrinkles. Antioxidants work by eliminating free radicals in our bodies which can damage our cells, contributing to the dullness and lack of elasticity of the skin. Coconut oil is also a natural moisturizer, making the skin soft and supple.
- Stress Relief – Coconut oil can be used as a therapeutic massage oil. It revitalizes the skin, promotes blood flow and circulation, and relieves muscular pain.
- Immunity – The antimicrobial lipids present in coconut oil includes lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid. When lauric acid is taken in, the body converts it into monolaurin, a derivative that has been proven to control disease causing viruses and bacteria such as influenza, herpes, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. Other bacteria it can fight are heliobacter pylori which can cause ulcers, and giardia lamblia which promotes giardiasis.
- Digestion and Metabolism – Other coconut oil health benefits include improving the ability of the digestive system to absorb fat soluble vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. The antimicrobial properties also prevent the occurrence of indigestion caused by bacteria, fungi and parasites.
- Weight Loss – Coconut oil mostly consists of medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids or tryglycerides can speed up metabolism because they are easily digested and converted into energy. Because of the increased metabolism and the stimulation of thyroid glands, natural weight loss is promoted.
- Dental and Bone Strength – Coconut oil is rich in calcium and magnesium, both of which are essential in bone development and strength.
- Diabetes – Coconut oil improves the body’s ability to use glucose, and it boosts the pancreas potential to secrete and absorb insulin. Both factors can greatly enhance the diabetic’s glucose control.
- Cancer – The antioxidant properties of coconut oil help eliminate free radicals in the body that can be cancer causing. Coconut oil also helps to heal and repair the body’s tissues and cells and aids in the immune function, preventing susceptibility to cancer.
- Liver and Kidney – Since medium chain fatty acids are converted into energy more quickly, this reduces the work load on the liver and prevents the accumulation of fat. Coconut oil also helps in preventing kidney and gall bladder diseases.
- Heart problems, blood pressure and cholesterol – Contrary to popular belief, coconut oil is actually good for the heart. Although it is rich in fats, coconut oil does not increase harmful LDL levels. It is rich in lauric acid which helps prevent heart problems, rising cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The benefits of coconut oil for the heart include keeping blood platelets from sticking together and forming blood clots. This lowers the chance of clogging the arteries which is actually a major factor that causes heart attacks and strokes.
Coconut oil benefits encompass the whole body. It is widely used by athletes and those who are on a diet because of its ability to be converted quickly into energy. Also, it does not lead to clogging of the arteries and veins, leading to a healthy heart.
Thank you for reading Coconut Oil Benefits: The Wonders of The Miracle Oil.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: